Sunday, February 7, 2010

Do I have to pay and print a shipping label via Paypal for an Ebay item that I sold in order to clear my hold?

I have a 21 day hold on my Paypal account for 2 Ebay items that I sold. It tells me to print out a shipping label with Paypal, but the price for the label and the postage is overpriced. I was wondering if I could simply just write the name and address of the recipient? Will that still clear my hold or do I have to print with them? How do they confirm my delivery if I don't print from their label?Do I have to pay and print a shipping label via Paypal for an Ebay item that I sold in order to clear my hold?
Hi,


You need to ship item %26amp; use delivery confirmation. Once the item shows proof of delivery you will get your funds released, it has nothing to do with the buyers source of funds, its either a high price sale or you are new to ebay and or low feedback. If you dont ship through paypal you'll wait longer to receive your income. Why is the shipping over priced? Whatever it was that you sold you should check on postage fees prior to the auction. Since you can't ask the buyer for more $$ you'll have to pay the difference. Again, get delivery confirmation.Do I have to pay and print a shipping label via Paypal for an Ebay item that I sold in order to clear my hold?
The 21 day hold is seperate from the shipping issue. You can pay for and print shipping labels through PayPal. It's easy and as long as you enter accurate weights for packages the postage is what you would pay at the post office. Shipping with Priority through PayPal also gives you free delivery confirmation.





The 21 day hold is due to a question about the source of the funds used to send the payment to you. That hold will clear when the funding issue is resolved, usually 21 days to make sure funds are available and legal.





You are not obligated to ship until you have confirmed and cleared payment. E mail the buyer and tell them what;s going on and let them know that shipping will be delayed until payment clears.
I'm only 15 but I sell on eBay from time to time. You may write out your own addresses etc and use ordinary stamps, and then go to the option which says ';Mark item as sent'; when you have posted it. Does that make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment