Sunday, February 7, 2010

Would it be proper on wedding invites to use clear mailing labels instead of hand writing the addresses?

For sure, I think it looks elegant. You can find a style of font in the program you are using to make it look like script. That is what I'm going to do. Good luck!Would it be proper on wedding invites to use clear mailing labels instead of hand writing the addresses?
Definitely not. It is so impersonal to use printed labels.Would it be proper on wedding invites to use clear mailing labels instead of hand writing the addresses?
Not at all. I know of people who send out emailed wedding invites....now that is tacky!
It is not considered proper to use preprinted labels.


You should handwrite the addresses - get your bridesmaids to help you!
I have never seen an invitation with labels, its more personal in hand writing.... If you dont like yours, Im sure you have a friend with nice hand writing...
Etiquette books say no, but we are no longer living in the 1950's I had 350 invitations to send out and planning to do. I did not have time to do handwritten, I found a printer who did great calligraphy labels for me.
I think it's fine. We have to keep in mind that there's a lot of stress that goes into planning a wedding.





Two Words:


Edwardian Script
No. All personal correspondence, ESPECIALLY something as important as a wedding invitation, should be hand-addressed. IT is bad manners to mechanically address your invitations by any means, including printers and labels.
No way! It's tacky and lazy. If you are taking the time to send them out then take the time write them out. My Mom helped me. Call in some favors from friends that have nice handwriting.
NOPE! This is where you need to call in a favor from a friend with nice handwriting. I know its a pain but etiquitte calls for hand addressed envelopes. Dont skimp on this one. This is your only chance to make a good first impression about your wedding. Do you want it to look 1/2 a**ed?I dont think so.
no
I was reading answers here but personally I like the pre clear labels, I think it makes it look more elegant. We handwrote ours but only because my husband wanted to write all of it and he had nice handwriting. I think it looks more formal. Besides, nobody really notices things like that anyways and it is your wedding do what you want. Don't listen to poeple. If you jsut wanted opinions mine is if you like the look go for it. I know I like it! Congrats on your upcoming wedding. It is a blast just goes by too fast!
It depends on how formal your wedding is.
I used clear mailing labels, and they looked just fine. A lot of folks I know used labels for their invitations. Whatever you feel is best for you, you should do.
whyever not?
Someone I know did that and contrary to popular belief it did not make me think any less of them!! I mean really.....if someone doesn't get a good ';impression'; based on how the envelope is addressed then that is their problem.


Whoever gets the invitation should be honored to be invited to your wedding. Do whatever makes you happy. It's YOUR day. Labels will make everything a lot easier for you and you can pick out a nice script font. I would have used them for my inviations if my sister hadn't volunteered to handwrite them for me.
Ok, any wedding magazine or etiquette book has the answer, NO. You can't do it. My cousin did and so many people commented on how tacky it was, she tried to match the letters to her invitation wording and colors and it was horrible. Not to mention it's impersonal. It's like saying ';We want you to share the most special day of our lives with us, here's a computer print out, please come.'; Hand write them, I know it's a pain but start early. Trust me, I did mine and it took awhile so if you have your invitations back I would start printing the ones you know. As others have mentioned ask your girls for some help, my mom helped me out!





Congrats and good luck!
lots of things have changed, it is okay, not old-time proper, but this day and age...fast paced....yes, clear lables will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment